Wednesday, August 6, 2008

FireTeeth

My name is David Kendall, I'm 24 and live in West Valley, Utah with my wife Cassie. I don't like tomato sauce. I was coerced to start this blog by my friend Nick, his blog can be found here.

In homage to Nix Blog, my first blog will blog about the name of my blog. A while back I was in church with Nick and his little nephew Cameron, who was probably 5 or 6 at the time. I can't remember the nature of the conversation but I mentioned something about someones teeth spontaneously ejecting from their mouth (I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes, I routinely talk about morbid and disturbing images in the presence of children). Anyway, to illustrate my point I brought my closed fist to my mouth, fingers out, and quickly extended my fingers to simulate the jettisoning bicuspids. Well, Cameron interpreted this demonstration as flames originating from my mouth. He said something along the lines of, "Yeah, and they'll have fire teeth!". Well, we found this unnatural juxtaposition of words to be quite comical and aesthetically pleasing, so the term stuck, becoming a slurry of usernames, Xbox Live gamertags, and blog names.

1 comment:

Nicholas Fielding said...

If I remember correctly, the conversation we were having with Cameron was about teeth chattering. My dad used to hold our jaw and make our teeth chomp (to be funny/tease us, I suppose). So, whilst in church, I did that to Cameron. He told me to be careful so his teeth didn't break and shoot out of his mouth. Then you did the fingers-as-teeth-flying-out-of-your-mouth hand gesture. Then his comment. Fireteeth was born.